Modified Version of the Simple Public License (SimPL-2.0)
This license is a plain language implementation of GPL 2.0 with some additional terms. Any confusion about the terms of this may be cleared up by referencing the GPL 2.0, but in the case of any confusion, consult the project holder or a legal representative.
The license applies to the software's source and object code and comes with any rights that Ingenious LLC has in it (other than trademarks). You agree to this license by copying, distributing, or making derivative works of the software.
You get the royalty free right to:
- Use the software for any purpose other than offering for sale with the specific focus of the payment being this library.
- Make derivative works of it (this is called a "Derived Work"). Derived works may be offered for sale provided the derived work adds significant functionality such that the additional functionality is the focus of the sale and not the base work
- Copy and distribute it and any Derived Work, provided required notices are placed in the documentation.
If you distribute the software or a Derived Work, you must:
- Prominently give credit to the project holder in the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you distribute in source code form, all notices, licenses, and information on where to download the original source code must be provided, and any notices, credits, trademark information must not be removed from any source code file. Any modifications
to source files must be clearly marked as to the affected source lines, person/company making the change, reason for making the change, and date of the change.
- If distributing in source code form, this license must be attached. Additional license terms may be given, provided they do not conflict with the terms in this license. In the event of a dispute, this license shall take precedence.
If you accept the terms of this license by downloading, copying, or distributing the software or a derived work, the following terms apply:
- There is NO WARRANTY of any kind, implied or implicit. You may offer a warranty but it will not obligate the original project holder or any project member outside of your organization or control.
- If the software damages you in any way, you may only recover the direct damages up to the amount that
you paid for the software (if that amount is zero, then no damages may be recovered), and only from the entity which it was purchased. You may not recover any other damages, including those called "consequential damages". If this is not allowed
by the state or country in which you live, this term may not apply to you.
This license shall continue perpetually, except that your license rights may end automatically if:
- You do not abide by the terms of this license.
- You are prevented from distributing the software under the terms of this license.
The original project holder retains all rights to this software not specifically outlined in this license. In the event you violate the sale terms of this license, you may be held liable for the damages including the proceeds from all sales of the software,
along with any proceeds from the sale of support and warranty packages.
If any terms of this license are not applicable due to local law, the terms that are not applicable may be removed and/or replaced with an applicable term which holds as closely as possible with the INTENT of the term. If a term is not applicable due to local
law, that term only shall be deemed void and will not affect the remaining terms of this license.
Credit statement to be placed in Derived Works
This product contains code from Ingenious LLC's ControlLogixNET Library. The source code may be available from http://controllogixnet.codeplex.com . Ingenious LLC http://www.ingeniousllc.co .